DETERMINATION OF THE NUMERICAL VALUE OF A GENERALIZED INDICATOR OF THE VALUE OF INFORMATION FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF ITS SECURITY
Keywords:information property, generalized indicator of information value, importance factor.
In the context of ensuring the security of information in specific conditions, a number of difficulties arise due to the fact that the selected properties of information are heterogeneous and not commensurate, the areas of acceptable values of characteristics and properties of protection are not defined, which are derived from what is protected and directly depend on the properties the information itself, which in turn are set by the owner of the information. Moreover, it is of interest for the purpose of determining the value of protection, the definition of quantitative indicators of the properties of protection.
Information security metrics in appropriate methodologies that are based on verification and risk-orientation approaches are not sufficiently informative, since they take into account only objective aspects of security, completely ignoring subjective ones. They do not allow to make sound judgments about the state of confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of information and the level of information security of the organization as a whole. In this regard, the authors propose an approach to determine the numerical value of a generalized indicator of the value of information on the basis of the logico-linguistic model of evaluating the properties that characterize this indicator and the method of pairwise comparisons used to determine the numerical values of the coefficients of importance of these properties.
In this paper, we propose an approach for solving the task regarding the quantitative assessment of heterogeneous properties of information and the coefficients of their significance in the interests of information protection and to determine the influence of information properties that are set by the owner of the information security system on a generalized indicator of the value of information. At the same time, for the estimation of the numerical values of the considered properties of information, it is proposed to use the apparatus of the theory of fuzzy sets, and the determination of the corresponding coefficients of importance is carried out by the method of analysis of Saati hierarchies.
1. Skril S.V., Kurilo A. P., Finko V.N. & Chashkin V.N. (2009). Confidentiality as a subjective indicator of information security // Bezopasnost informatsionnyih tehnologiy, vol. 16, № 3, pp. 141–144, available at: https://bit.mephi.ru/index.php/bit/article/view/865
2. Zarubin V. S., Hodyirev T. B. (2015). Some approaches to the assessment of subjective indicators of information security in automated complexes of physical protection // Problemyi obespecheniya bezopasnosti pri likvidatsii posledstviy chrezvyichaynyih situatsiy, vol. № 2, № 1 (4), pp. 178-182, available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/nekotorye-podhody-k-otsenke-subektivnyh-pokazateley-kachestva-zaschity-informatsii-v-avtomatizirovannyh-kompleksah-fizicheskoy
3. Samokhvalov Y. Y., Brailovsky M. M. (2019) Assessment of information security of the organization by the criterion of confidence // Zakhyst informaciji, vol. 21, №1, pp. 13–24, available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/338160842_Ocenka_informacionnoj_bezopasnosti_organizacii_po_kriteriu_uverennosti
4. Avsentiev A. O. (2016) Determining the value of information // Upravlenie, vyichislitelnaya tehnika i informatika. Vol. 19, Issue. № 1. Pp. 21–24, available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/opredelenie-tsennosti-informatsii
5. Avsentiev O. S, Avsentiev A. O. (2015) Formation of the generalized indicator of value of information in channels of a holiday // Vestnik Voronezhskogo instituta MVS Rosii. Issue. № 3. Pp.55–63, available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/formirovanie-obobschennogo-pokazatelya-tsennosti-informatsii-v-kanalah-svyazi
6. Avsentiev O. S., Menshikh V. V. & Avsentiev A. O. (2015) Modeling and optimization of information transmission and protection processes in communication channels // Spetsialnaya tehnika, issue. № 5, pp. 47–50, available at: https://scholar.google.ru/citations?user=CJxZf6YAAAAJ&hl=ru
7. Kutsaev V. V., Radchenko M. M., Draglyuk O. V. & Ochichenko R. A. (2019) Estimation of the generalized indicator of value of information at its transfer in an information and telecommunication network // Zbirnyk naukovykh pracj VITI, issue. № 4, pp. 84–91, available at: http://www.viti.edu.ua/files/zbk/2019/9_4_2019.pdf
8. Saati T. (1993) Decision making. Hierarchy analysis method. Moscov: Radio i svyaz, 320 [in Russian].
9. Khrustalev E. Y. (2014) Logico-linguistic models of science-intensive production complex as a kind of intelligent information systems // Teoriya ekonomicheskogo analiza, issue №11 (362). pp. 11–22, available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/logiko-lingvisticheskie-modeli-naukoemkogo-proizvodstvennogo-kompleksa-kak-raznovidnost-intellektualnyh-informatsionnyh-sistem
10. Chernov V. G. (2010) Fundamentals of the theory of fuzzy sets: textbook. Manual. Vlаdimir: Izdatelstvo Vladimirovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 96.11. Spiridonov S. B. , Bulatova I. G., & Postnikov V. M. (2017) Analysis of approaches to the choice of weights of criteria by the method of pairwise comparison of criteria // Naukovedenie, vol. №9, №6, available at: https://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/16TVN617.pdf
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
4. Personal data and metadata contained in articles are available for storage and processing in various databases and information systems, including them in analytical and statistical reports, creating reasonable relationships of scientific , literary and art objects with personal data, etc. on an area which is not limited.